Day 4Day 4 is all about staying consistent and challenging her to ask for the potty. Everything is the same as day 3 with regards to my expectations. I am telling her it is time to go before events such as eating, napping, or leaving the house. Other than that, I am reminding her to try and keep her underwear dry, reminding her we only pee on the toilet, and having her practice saying the word potty. I changed from cookies to Cocoa Puffs (my dads brilliant idea). I am also trying another outing in the car today.
Other than that, the only new thing is putting on a pull-up diaper over her underwear at nap time. A friend gave me this suggestion, since Caroline is still having accidents as soon as she wakes up. She will still be able to feel the wetness on her underwear, but I won't have a huge mess to clean
We are also working REALLY hard on stopping her from wanting to pee while sitting in her booster seat at the table. Every minute or so, I ask if she's dry, check and reward! She's getting better with this system for sure!
Day 4 Log: (1 tiny accident and wet after nap)
Went to grocery store, no accidents in car or store!! :-)
- 330 peed in public restroom at Daddy''s work
- 415 grabbed herself, Daddy put on toilet at work. Peed!
Day 5 Log: (2 tiny accidents and DRY after nap- no accidents at the table!)
- 930 I hear her say mama, but think she's just calling me in protest since I stepped out for five minutes to clean up breakfast. I took a couple minutes to finish and came up. She pointed to a quarter sized accident on the floor and looked sad. Told her it was ok and was mamas fault. She finished on the toilet
- 430 did a huge pee dance with crossed legs! Went to bathroom and opened door. Put on toilet and she peed.
Another quick outing with no accidents
620 no accidents and hasn't asked to go yet
- 640 asked again if she had to go...crossed her legs and peed a little (enough to get shorts wet but not drip down leg). Finished on toilet.
- 715 peed on toilet before bed
What an amazing day!
Day 6 Log:
Day 9 and 10
All of our potty training posts:
My Daughter Refused to Poop in her Diaper (7 months old)
Caroline's First Trip
Potty Training Continued (11 months old)
Potty Training (the plan)
Potty Training Update (17 months old)
Potty Train is Still Going (18 months old)
Potty Training Survival Tips (from a pro)
Potty Training On the Go (my guest post on another blog)
Official Potty Training Day 1
Official Potty Training Day 2
Official Potty Training Day 3
Official Potty Training Day 4, 5, 6 and Beyond