Links to Amazon on this blog are affiliate links*
To go along with the idea of making Babywise work for you, that we’ve been discussing over the last few days, I’d like to bring your attention to breastfeeding. The myth that you can’t breastfeed your baby while doing Babywise because it will diminish your supply. The Babywise book clearly supports breastfeeding (I plan to write a post on this and quote the book soon), and I know so many moms that have done both and been successful- me included! Check out my Real Moms, Real Stories series on “Breastfeeding on a Schedule“, for more personal accounts. Today, Kimberly is giving her perspective on this Babywise myth…
“My son was a hungry little newborn. I knew this and the interval between feedings was sometimes only ninety minutes. That interval grew with time. Scheduling does not mean you ignore the demand to eat, it means you meet that demand and plan ahead to keep meeting it. “
Read the full post here!
Don’t forget to come back this week for more Babywise Myth Busters! We have a five days with 8 fabulous myth busting posts for you to read!
Here is the schedule along with the topics for each day:
Links will go live on the day specified below…
– Monday: Valerie at Chronicles of a Babywise Mom- Myths Versus Realities of Babywise
– Tuesday: Katrina at Mama’s Organized Chaos- Babywise Isn’t Imposing a Schedule, It’s Learning the Ideal Schedule
– Wednesday: Shea at The Moses Home- How Schedules Keep Us Flexible, Not Rigid
– Wednesday: Natasha at Let’s Be Brave- Babywise Works For YOU, Not The Other Way Around
– Thursday: Carrie at Wiley Adventures- Babywise and Cry it Out (how they do/don’t go together)
– Thursday: Kimberly at Team Cartwright- Babywise and Breastfeeding (does not diminish milk supply)
– Friday: Cole at Twinning Babywise- The Misconception that Babywise is just Sleep Training
– Friday: Emily at The Journey of Parenthood- Using Babywise Isn’t Impossible with Multiple Children
- Click this link--> to follow our journey on Facebook
- Click this link--> to follow our journey through weekly emails and never miss a story!