Links to Amazon on this blog are affiliate links*
It’s Babywise Friendly Blog Network week! See below for our full schedule this week (8 AMAZING posts on Babywise series topics that are not schedule or sleep related). Today we are hearing from Valerie on “How to Correct Your Preteen”.
“As soon as your child enters the age for a preteen, the way you correct or discipline that child starts to shift a bit. You both can feel things changing, but neither of you are quite sure how that should be, much less how it will be. A child in the middle years age-range certainly knows a lot more about how to behave than a two year old. Just because your preteen knows more than she did when she was younger does not mean she knows everything. She will still do things she shouldn’t and will still need to be corrected. A middle-years child very much still needs to be taught, encouraged, and disciplined to learn how to grow into a wise, moral, and responsible person.”
“No matter if the behavior was childish or foolish, correction needs to happen. The motives behind the action impact exactly how the correction takes place. Correction in the preteen years can be a fragile thing. Your relationship has started to shift. While you could declare your child do things “because you said so” in younger years, that isn’t the best approach in preteen years as you head to the teenage realm. You want to be teaching why. You are moving from leading your child to guiding, or training, your child. Here are some tips for correcting your preteen. “
I am so excited for this week. All week the amazing ladies of the Babywise Friendly Blog Network are discussing topics from the Babywise series that are NOT related to schedules or sleep. I know, I know.. what!?!? Babywise has topics not related to schedules or sleep!? YES! And so many amazing ones at that! Check out the amazing line up we have for this week:
(All links will go live the day of)
- Monday – Valerie – How to Correct Your Preteen
- Monday- Natasha – How to Solve the “Wise in Their Own Eyes” Problem
- Tuesday – Kimberly – Intentional Parenting: How Our Beliefs and Goals Shape Our Parenting Decisions
- Tuesday – Caitlin – 5 Ways to Teach Children Kindness
- Wednesday – Katrina – How to Give Instructions to Your Toddler & Achieve Successful Results
- Thursday – Cole – Self Control is a Base Virtue
- Thursday – Carrie – Temper Tantrums & The Happy Heart Rug
- Friday – Emily – How to Teach Your Children Self Control
|Click here to join the MOC Village|
?Don’t forget to leave a comment below! I love hearing from readers! Tell me what you thought of the post, share your experiences, and even drop a topic idea down for me!
- Click this link--> to follow our journey on Facebook
- Click this link--> to follow our journey through weekly emails and never miss a story!