Links to Amazon on this blog are affiliate links*
It’s Babywise Friendly Blog Network week! See below for our full schedule this week (8 AMAZING posts on Babywise series topics that are not schedule or sleep related). Today we are hearing from Natasha on “How to Solve the ‘Wise in Their Own Eyes’ Problem”.
“In chapter 4 of On Becoming Preschool Wise, Ezzo and Bucknam warn “against creating the false impression in the mind of a child that she is able to do anything, say anything, and go anywhere without parents guidance or approval.” Such a child “is a child who has been granted too many freedoms of self-governance too early.” When children are given too many choices or given too much freedom to make decisions, it can lead to a problem referred to as wise in their own eyes. “Children who are wise in their own eyes will tend to go places they should not go and say things they should not say.”
The three most common ways children become wise in their own eyes during the preschool years are: (1) parents grant too many decision-making freedoms; (2) parents grant too many physical freedoms; and (3) parents grant too many verbal freedoms.”
I am so excited for this week. All week the amazing ladies of the Babywise Friendly Blog Network are discussing topics from the Babywise series that are NOT related to schedules or sleep. I know, I know.. what!?!? Babywise has topics not related to schedules or sleep!? YES! And so many amazing ones at that! Check out the amazing line up we have for this week:
(All links will go live the day of)
- Monday – Valerie – How to Correct Your Preteen
- Monday- Natasha – How to Solve the “Wise in Their Own Eyes” Problem
- Tuesday – Kimberly – Intentional Parenting: How Our Beliefs and Goals Shape Our Parenting Decisions
- Tuesday – Caitlin – 5 Ways to Teach Children Kindness
- Wednesday – Katrina – How to Give Instructions to Your Toddler & Achieve Successful Results
- Thursday – Cole – Self Control is a Base Virtue
- Thursday – Carrie – Temper Tantrums & The Happy Heart Rug
- Friday – Emily – How to Teach Your Children Self Control
|Click here to join the MOC Village|
?Don’t forget to leave a comment below! I love hearing from readers! Tell me what you thought of the post, share your experiences, and even drop a topic idea down for me!
- Click this link--> to follow our journey on Facebook
- Click this link--> to follow our journey through weekly emails and never miss a story!