Links to Amazon on this blog are affiliate links*
It’s Babywise Friendly Blog Network week! See below for our full schedule this week (8 AMAZING posts on Babywise series topics that are not schedule or sleep related). Today we are hearing from Emily on “How To Teach Your Children Self-Control“. This is one of my favorite techniques to use!
“When you begin to see those early signs that your kids are going to lose it physically or verbally, instruct them to fold their hands and work on getting some self-control. That is all you need to do. Teaching your child that self-control begins with the folding of her hands is a wonderfully concrete way for her to understand calmness. Her eyes focus on those peaceful hands lying still in her lap, and soon physical and verbal self-control is achieved.”
Read all about how Emily puts this into practice in her house, as well as a great explanation from the Preschoolwise book on WHY this works so well by clicking here to read the full post.
I am so excited for this week. All week the amazing ladies of the Babywise Friendly Blog Network are discussing topics from the Babywise series that are NOT related to schedules or sleep. I know, I know.. what!?!? Babywise has topics not related to schedules or sleep!? YES! And so many amazing ones at that! Check out the amazing line up we have for this week:
(All links will go live the day of)
- Monday – Valerie – How to Correct Your Preteen
- Monday- Natasha – How to Solve the “Wise in Their Own Eyes” Problem
- Tuesday – Kimberly – Intentional Parenting: How Our Beliefs and Goals Shape Our Parenting Decisions
- Tuesday – Caitlin – 5 Ways to Teach Children Kindness
- Wednesday – Katrina – How to Give Instructions to Your Toddler & Achieve Successful Results
- Thursday – Cole – Self Control is a Base Virtue
- Thursday – Carrie – Temper Tantrums & The Happy Heart Rug
- Friday – Emily – How to Teach Your Children Self Control
- Click this link--> to follow our journey on Facebook
- Click this link--> to follow our journey through weekly emails and never miss a story!