Links to Amazon on this blog are affiliate links*
Today we have a guest post from Kimberly at Team Cartwright. I love this post, because she gives us the raw, real attitudes of people when breastfeeding a singleton versus twins. It is very interesting to see her different experiences having both a singleton and twins. Everything from the information provided to mothers, to the expectations, pressure and more is discussed. Very interesting read!
“Most moms know the debate that rages between formula feeding and
breastfeeding. Sure, scientifically breastfeeding offers some
advantages. It can help build immunity and is customized to your specific
baby. And formula feeding isn’t without its merits. For one it is a
literal lifesaver for women who can’t produce enough breastmilk. It takes
pressure off of moms as the sole food source and lets moms get back to work
more easily. I think the logical thing to do is offer up education on
both methods, the pros and cons, and then focus on helping each mother do what
is best for her family. Sounds easy enough, right? Yet it doesn’t
work that way. So I’m going to introduce a new perspective into the
versus singletons. I have a singleton and I have
twins. They have all been fed adequately. But I had very different
experiences when it came to how I was going to feed those children. Is
formula vs breastmilk that different when you consider how twins are treated
compared to singletons? What can twins teach us about breastfeeding attitudes?”
This week, all of the bloggers in the Babywise Friendly Blog Network, will be sharing their ideas on the topic of breastfeeding. Here’s the full line up. I’ll be linking to each of these throughout the week:
- Monday: Valerie at Chronicles of a Babywise Mom
- Tuesday: Christine at Christine Keys and Kimberly from Team Cartwright
- Wednesday: Katrina from Mama’s Organized Chaos and Natasha from Let’s Be Brave
- Thursday: Caitlin from Twin Mom and More and Carrie from Wiley Adventures
- Friday: Emily from Journey of Parenthood
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
- Click this link--> to follow our journey on Facebook
- Click this link--> to follow our journey through weekly emails and never miss a story!