Links to Amazon on this blog are affiliate links*
One of the things I LOVE LOVE LOVE about Babywise mamas, is that they are open-minded and generally not judgmental of other parenting styles! Every encounter that I’ve had with EVERY Babywise mom has been the same in this aspect. They are loving their schedules, but are supportive of parents that want to use feed on demand strategies. Most are very aware of the fact that Babywise isn’t for everyone, and are ok with that. Some Babywise parents use cry it out, others do not. Some breastfeed, others do not. We all have a common link, however- Babywise. We all help each other succeed by helping other moms figure out how Babywise can work for them! Today, Natasha is talking about just that!
“Many people who think of babywise immediately think of hyperscheduling or cry it out or whatever. And while babywise does incorporate a schedule and encourages you to allow your baby to learn how to self-soothe, what it’s NOT doing is demanding you stick to a rigid schedule or let your baby cry for hours and hours and hours. Babywise provides the skeleton for structure; it’s a parenting tool.”
And don’t forget to check out the full schedules of posts below!
Don’t forget to come back this week for more Babywise Myth Busters! We have a five days with 8 fabulous myth busting posts for you to read!
Here is the schedule along with the topics for each day:
Links will go live on the day specified below…
– Monday: Valerie at Chronicles of a Babywise Mom- Myths Versus Realities of Babywise
– Tuesday: Katrina at Mama’s Organized Chaos- Babywise Isn’t Imposing a Schedule, It’s Learning the Ideal Schedule
– Wednesday: Shea at The Moses Home- How Schedules Keep Us Flexible, Not Rigid
– Wednesday: Natasha at Let’s Be Brave- Babywise Works For YOU, Not The Other Way Around
– Thursday: Carrie at Wiley Adventures- Babywise and Cry it Out (how they do/don’t go together)
– Thursday: Kimberly at Team Cartwright- Babywise and Breastfeeding (does not diminish milk supply)
– Friday: Cole at Twinning Babywise- The Misconception that Babywise is just Sleep Training
– Friday: Emily at The Journey of Parenthood- Using Babywise Isn’t Impossible with Multiple Children
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
- Click this link--> to follow our journey on Facebook
- Click this link--> to follow our journey through weekly emails and never miss a story!