Links to Amazon on this blog are affiliate links*
It’s Babywise Friendly Blog Network week! We are all writing on the topic of “fears”. See below for the full schedule of topics and links from all of these wonderful ladies!
Today, Valerie from Chronicles of a Babywise Mom, is writing about what to do when your child is afraid of the dark. She’s got some great ideas to help you and your little ones get through this phase- beyond that of the obvious nightlight suggestion! You’ll want to check it out!
“We all have fears. Even
we adults, who are rational, experienced people, have fears. Sometimes we
adults have fear of the dark. When my husband is out of town, suddenly my dark
house seems very scary. If I, as an adult, can be scared sometimes, it isn’t
surprising that children are at times scared of the dark.
Fears can be a normal
part of development. As children get older and have imaginations, they can be
scared of the dark. As you approach the situation when your child is afraid of
the dark, try to remain patient and understanding. Remember that sometimes you
are afraid of the unknown also and also that this is a normal thing. Here are
some ways to help your child when she is scared of the dark.”
It’s Babywise Friendly Blog Network week! We are all talking about the topic of “fears” this week. Here is the full schedule: (Links will be live on the day scheduled)
- Monday: Valerie – What To Do When Your Child is Scared of the Dark
- Tuesday: Katrina – How to Ease Your Toddler’s Fears
- Tuesday: Natasha- 9 Ways to Teach Kids Bravery
- Wednesday: Christine – 3 Powerful Ways To Conquer Your Toddler’s Irrational Fears
- Wednesday: Carrie – Managing Fears at Bedtime
- Thursday: Kimberly – Real vs. Fake Fears: How To Distinguish Between the Two
- Friday: Emily – How to Help Prevent Childhood Fears
|Click here to join the MOC Village|
?Don’t forget to leave a comment below! I love hearing from readers! Tell me what you thought of the post, share your experiences, and even drop a topic idea down for me!
- Click this link--> to follow our journey on Facebook
- Click this link--> to follow our journey through weekly emails and never miss a story!