Links to Amazon on this blog are affiliate links*
Feeding a toddler can be problematic at times! Their favorite food yesterday can become their least favorite food today. One day they eat so much that you have no idea where it could possibly be going, and the next they eat 1 or 2 bites the entire day. Luckily, you are not alone. This is all normal toddler behavior. As a result, however, it can be frustrating to figure out what to make for meals. For me, I specifically struggle with lunch for some reason. We get into a good rhythm for breakfast, and well I guess dinner is another struggle haha!
Here are some things we typically eat (and yes it’s WE… we eat the same thing for all meals to keep things easy and everyone happy).
– Peanut butter toast
– Pre-made/frozen banana pancakes
– applesauce pouch
– yogurt (this is currently on the “don’t you dare offer it to me list” LOL, but it’s a good side so I’m keeping it here in the hopes that it can return to her likes list)
– cheese quesadillas
– meat, cheese and crackers
– peanut butter and jelly sandwich
– tuna sandwich
– hot dogs
– egg salad sandwich
– chicken nuggets
– leftovers from dinner
– Leftover steamed veggies
– Frozen peas
– Pretzel sticks
– Cheese slices
– Grapes, blueberries, strawberries, cherries (whatever fruit we happen to have)
– Avocado (she devours this now)
– Pizza (frozen, homemade and delivery LOL)
– Breakfast (waffles, pancakes, eggs with avocado tomato and cheese, etc)
– Casseroles (tuna, chicken pea, mexican lasagna)
– Stuffed avocados
– Fried Ham slices
– Baked chicken
– Italian sausage
– Hot dogs
– We go out way too often, but it’s our reality right now sometimes
– Steamed veggies (frozen)
– Corn on the cob
– Sauteed zucchini/yellow squash
– Mac ‘N Cheese
– Garlic bread/rolls
– Chicken rice (boxed)
– Homemade Mexican Rice
I really don’t get too creative with any of our meals. I don’t have time at the moment, and it is/has been/would be super frustrating to spend forever in the kitchen making some fantastic meal only for my toddler to turn up her nose! haha We’ll get back to trying new things when my husband is home more in the winter. For now, this is how we manage!
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
- Click this link--> to follow our journey on Facebook
- Click this link--> to follow our journey through weekly emails and never miss a story!