Links to Amazon on this blog are affiliate links*
It’s Babywise Friendly Blog Network week! See below for our full schedule this week (8 AMAZING posts on Babywise series topics that are not schedule or sleep related). Today we are hearing from Caitlin on “5 Ways to Teach Children Kindness”.
“Chapter Four of On Becoming Childwise says ‘We know you want to instill honesty, empathy, compassion, kindness, gentleness, respect, honor, and self-control in your children. This is not a wish list from never-never land. It is a reasonable goal for your children. But they are not born with these virtues. They’re cultivated. It is the duty of the parents to put character into their children and not sit back and hope good character emerges naturally. It won’t.’
Well then. That’s a lot of pressure, right? It makes absolute sense. We have to teach our children how to hold a spoon and wipe their bottoms (we have only successfully mastered one of these in our household), so OF COURSE, we need to teach them how to be kind. It is a learned behavior. So how do we teach it?”
I am so excited for this week. All week the amazing ladies of the Babywise Friendly Blog Network are discussing topics from the Babywise series that are NOT related to schedules or sleep. I know, I know.. what!?!? Babywise has topics not related to schedules or sleep!? YES! And so many amazing ones at that! Check out the amazing line up we have for this week:
(All links will go live the day of)
- Monday – Valerie – How to Correct Your Preteen
- Monday- Natasha – How to Solve the “Wise in Their Own Eyes” Problem
- Tuesday – Kimberly – Intentional Parenting: How Our Beliefs and Goals Shape Our Parenting Decisions
- Tuesday – Caitlin – 5 Ways to Teach Children Kindness
- Wednesday – Katrina – How to Give Instructions to Your Toddler & Achieve Successful Results
- Thursday – Cole – Self Control is a Base Virtue
- Thursday – Carrie – Temper Tantrums & The Happy Heart Rug
- Friday – Emily – How to Teach Your Children Self Control
|Click here to join the MOC Village|
?Don’t forget to leave a comment below! I love hearing from readers! Tell me what you thought of the post, share your experiences, and even drop a topic idea down for me!
- Click this link--> to follow our journey on Facebook
- Click this link--> to follow our journey through weekly emails and never miss a story!