It’s Babywise Friendly Blog Network week! We are all writing on the topic of “fears”. See below for the full schedule of topics and links from all of these wonderful ladies!
Today, Christine over at the Christine Keys blog, is has 3 great ideas to help conquer your toddler’s “irrational” fears. We all know that toddlers can have some fears that seem silly to us, but the reality is that to them it is a very real fear.
“Does your toddler have what seems like irrational fears? Mine does. For
several weeks he refused to go in the bath or shower without being held because
he was convinced he would be sucked down the plughole. Here’s the thing though.
Despite how irrational their fears seem to us…they are very real to them. So
let’s get on to talking about how to manage and overcome them.
Respect Their Fear
As I mentioned above, while their fears seem irrational to us, they are very
real to them. Just because we don’t understand why they’re afraid doesn’t mean
they will magically stop being fearful. Be respectful and acknowledge to your
toddler that you understand that they are afraid. Ignoring their fear will only
make the situation worse.”
It’s Babywise Friendly Blog Network week! We are all talking about the topic of “fears” this week. Here is the full schedule: (Links will be live on the day scheduled)
- Monday: Valerie – What To Do When Your Child is Scared of the Dark
- Tuesday: Katrina – How to Ease Your Toddler’s Fears
- Tuesday: Natasha- 9 Ways to Teach Kids Bravery
- Wednesday: Christine – 3 Powerful Ways To Conquer Your Toddler’s Irrational Fears
- Wednesday: Carrie – Managing Fears at Bedtime
- Thursday: Kimberly – Real vs. Fake Fears: How To Distinguish Between the Two
- Friday: Emily – How to Help Prevent Childhood Fears
|Click here to join the MOC Village|
💙Don’t forget to leave a comment below! I love hearing from readers! Tell me what you thought of the post, share your experiences, and even drop a topic idea down for me!