Links to Amazon on this blog are affiliate links*
As we get closer to your first birthday, you are mastering SO. MANY. SKILLS. I am just in awe as I watch you this week. You are growing up before my eyes.
Here are just a few of things you are doing so well just in the last couple of weeks, many just this past week:
– Taking up to 10-12 steps on your own
– Changing direction while you walk (pivot!)
– Moving your walker in different directions when you use it (even picking it up and re-positioning it)
– Using a fork and a spoon (this morning you successfully used your fork to pick up 6 bites in a row, and used the fork to “spoon” yogurt to your mouth with very little spillage)
– Can point out specific objects or pictures in a book (you can learn the name of a new picture or object in 1 day!)
– Can point to our eyebrows, chin, nose, ears, belly button, etc. when asked
– Climbed DOWN 1 stair on your own
– Ate artichoke leaves like a big girl and put the leaf in the scrap bowl
– Can motion that you are “all done” at the table
– Pooping on the potty (have even asked me by going into the bathroom on your own once)
– Drinking milk like a big girl in the mornings and afternoons, with a few sips in the evening (you like it as hot as we can make it for you)
I’m sure I am forgetting something! You are learning at light speed lately!
Oh, I did!
You also recently learned to…
– High five
– Put both hands in the air for “touchdown”
– Put up 1 finger when we ask “How old is Caroline?”
You are just amazing. When we ask you something, you sit and think. It is so obvious that you are trying so hard. And 9 times out of 10, you come up with the correct answer. I love that you take your time when answering a question. I love that you are so eager to learn, because I am so eager to teach you. Every day is fascinating around here because of you.
I can’t even begin to describe the emotion that I feel leading up to your first birthday. This year has been the best year of our lives. You have brought so many smiles to my face, and so many smiles to your father’s face. You’ve made me a better person already. Your laughter, your love, your smile, your sweetness- they are so infectious. I am the luckiest person in the world to have you as my daughter, and your daddy as my husband.
I am so excited to watch you grow. I am so excited to see what the future will hold for you; for us; for our family. What an amazing year this has been. Here’s to many many many more!
I love you with all my heart. Thank you for making our world what it is. Thank you for reminding us what unconditional love looks like.
On this Thanksgiving, and on every single day, I am thankful for you. I am thankful for our amazing family.
I love you more than words can say.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
- Click this link--> to follow our journey on Facebook
- Click this link--> to follow our journey through weekly emails and never miss a story!