Links to Amazon on this blog are affiliate links*
So I don’t know about you, but during the summer, with my 2.5 year old, I plan on spending as much time in the pool and in water as possible. She just loves the water, and wants to go as much as possible.
We spend time at our community pool, we go to a free fountain nearby, and she’s just begun swim lessons with British Swim School. We also frequently go to creeks to splash and explore.
All of this water, means wearing a swimsuit pretty frequently.
There are 2 problems with the typical swimsuit that I used to wear:
1. When holding a toddler or baby in the pool, their hands are everywhere. I am constantly worried about my swimsuit keeping me covered when there are little hands pulling it off (even if those little hands don’t mean to). That is the last thing I want to worry about when I’m trying to enjoy pool time with my daughter.
2. There is no way I’m going to be nice and shaved and pool ready to wear a bikini every day. I do not have time for this. I have a hard enough time keeping up with shaving my legs now that I have a child, much less shaving my bikini line every day.
I REFUSE to be the mom on the sidelines. When you are at the pool, you can’t be on the sidelines, obviously. You have to be right there holding your little one in the water.
At places like the fountain or splash pad, I could totally be on the sidelines- most moms that I see are. I’m usually one of very few, if not the only mom, in a swimsuit and actually in the water. I am there to have fun with my child, however, and the fun is happening in the water, not on the sidelines. Although, I will admit that I sometimes feel a bit awkward prancing around in my swimsuit when all the other moms are covered up and dry. Oh well, though… my daughter will only by a toddler once, and I’m going to enjoy every second with her!
So, my solutions:
1. High neck swim top bikini– A high neck bikini top, allows me to still wear a two-piece. I’ve found I’m still the most comfortable in a two-piece instead of a one-piece suit, simply because I always feel like I’m pulling up on the one-piece and find it uncomfortable. My boobs are covered. Well covered. I don’t have to worry about them popping out for the world to see when my daughter accidentally gets her hand in the wrong place.
2. Swim shorts– Swim shorts are SO amazing. I’ve never been the swim skirt type of girl. They just aren’t my style. Swim shorts, however, are my fabulous find of the season. I don’t have to make sure my bikini line is perfectly shaved and ready for public viewing. I can also run around, when all of the other moms are in their normal clothes on the sidelines, and not have my butt hanging out for everyone to stare at.
I think the combination of these two swim items makes for a nice looking, sporty swimsuit, and I LOVE that I feel covered and comfortable. Not to mention, I can be ready at a moments notice- which we all know is necessary when you have a toddler in the summertime!
Other Posts of Interest:
|Click here to join the MOC Village|
?Don’t forget to leave a comment below! I love hearing from readers! Tell me what you thought of the post, share your experiences, and even drop a topic idea down for me!
- Click this link--> to follow our journey on Facebook
- Click this link--> to follow our journey through weekly emails and never miss a story!