Links to Amazon on this blog are affiliate links*
Today we have a guest post from Valerie over at BabywiseMom.com. She’s talking all about how she successfully breastfed for a full year, even through all of the difficulties breastfeeding through her way! This is such a great post, because it talks about the true struggles of breastfeeding that many moms encounter. Breastfeeding is not easy and can come with many challenges.
“Breastfeeding didn’t start out
anything like I had ever imagined it would. I had idealistic visions. My
beautiful little newborn would be brought to the breast and would nurse
perfectly. Why wouldn’t the baby do so? Sure, there might be a bump here or
there, but I would lightly laugh them away and we would continue forward.
Breastfeeding would be easy. Breastfeeding wouldn’t hurt. It was the natural
thing to do and the way God designed the body, so of course it would be simple.
It would be natural. It would be second nature. It would be a beautiful thing
that bonded my baby to me.
Ummm…reality is different
than our dreams. Despite the books all assuring me that breastfeeding would be
simple, it was anything but. The boy had NO IDEA what he was doing. As a first
time mom, neither did I. He was not a natural and I was not experienced.”
This week, all of the bloggers in the Babywise Friendly Blog Network, will be sharing their ideas on the topic of breastfeeding. Here’s the full line up. I’ll be linking to each of these throughout the week:
- Monday: Valerie at Chronicles of a Babywise Mom
- Tuesday: Christine at Christine Keys and Kimberly from Team Cartwright
- Wednesday: Katrina from Mama’s Organized Chaos and Natasha from Let’s Be Brave
- Thursday: Caitlin from Twin Mom and More and Carrie from Wiley Adventures
- Friday: Emily from Journey of Parenthood
- Click this link--> to follow our journey on Facebook
- Click this link--> to follow our journey through weekly emails and never miss a story!