Links to Amazon on this blog are affiliate links*
Today we have a guest post from Natasha, at Let’s Be Brave. This is a great post about how to survive the first few weeks of breastfeeding- which is hard. So very hard! She keeps it real and talks about everything from prioritizing things in your life, what to do about visitors, and how to learn more about breastfeeding.
Let’s face it… even though breastfeeding is “natural”, it doesn’t come easy for most of us. So reading up and getting some expert advice never hurts!
“Having a baby is such an exciting thing!! But those first several
weeks of finding a new normal can be exhausting and overwhelming. And if
you’re trying to breastfeed successfully, that just adds one more thing on your
plate. Recovering from giving birth and balancing all the demands of life
plus a new baby – whew!
I really wanted to be successful at breastfeeding my first baby so I
prioritized that over a lot of things for a few weeks. And really, those
first few weeks (more like 5-8 weeks) I felt like I was just surviving.
Here’s how I made it through!
For those first 2 months (or as long as is realistic for you and your
family), make your baby and yourself a priority. Do what you can to make
your life as simple as possible. Feed your baby, feed yourself, sleep,
and don’t stress about the rest.”
Read the full post here…
This week, all of the bloggers in the Babywise Friendly Blog Network, will be sharing their ideas on the topic of breastfeeding. Here’s the full line up. I’ll be linking to each of these throughout the week:
- Monday: Valerie at Chronicles of a Babywise Mom
- Tuesday: Christine at Christine Keys and Kimberly from Team Cartwright
- Wednesday: Katrina from Mama’s Organized Chaos and Natasha from Let’s Be Brave
- Thursday: Caitlin from Twin Mom and More and Carrie from Wiley Adventures
- Friday: Emily from Journey of Parenthood
- Click this link--> to follow our journey on Facebook
- Click this link--> to follow our journey through weekly emails and never miss a story!