1. Adding treats! I've decided to use positive reinforcement throughout this process. I mentioned yesterday that we are doing lots of praising...that is continuing. Lots of excited yelping, high fiving and smiles! In addition to that I've added a small treat. I am using Annies chocolate cookies and breaking them in two. She gets cookies for a few reasons:
- Underwear checks- I do periodic underwear checks throughout the day (about every 10-20 minutes). If her underwear are dry (we are checking together), she gets a cookie!
- Using the toilet- Any time she pees and/or poops on the toilet she gets a cookie when we are done.
- Saying the word POTTY (or trying to)- Yesterday she finally started trying to say potty when I asked her to. So today she's getting cookies if she tries!
Day 2 Log: (4 accidents and wet after nap)- 740 first pee on the toilet and underwear are going on for the day!
- 802 asks to pee, pees on toilet
- 807 asks to pee bc she wants a cookie (she's already caught on)....currently tantruming on toilet bc she hasn't gotten a cookie (no pee)
Cookies may have created a monster today.. LOL
- 822 peed on toilet finally getting to breakfast LOL
- 850 pee in toilet! Made it through breakfast dry! Every few minutes I ask if she's dry, we check and she gets a piece of a cookie and high fives and lots of praise if she is!!! :-)
- 954 (yes an hour later) no accidents! Pee on the toilet!! :-)
- 1053 no accidents, pee in toilet!
- 1140 small accident at lunch table. Did not pee when placed on toilet
- 330 woke up. I waited only until she sat up (just to make sure she really was awake and I didn't startle her). She had just barely started to pee. Relatively small spot on the sheets (nothing like yesterday). Made it to the toilet to pee more :-)
- 430 mamas cooking dinner and totally forgets we are potty training... Accidents happen
- 455 peed at dinner table :/ it was going so well LOL mama gets too distracted around dinner with daddy not home to help during this chaotic process...
- 550 peed on toilet. Did not ask to go. Said she didn't have to when I asked. Did not pee much
- 650 said she didn't have to go. Daddy had just gotten home so she was refusing to sit on toilet. Right when she walked away she started peeing. Hardly any hit the floor. Finished on toilet.
- 730 peed on toilet before bed